Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend

For someone who, on Friday, said "I'm not doing anything this weekend." I sure had a busy weekend. It was all wonderful though and I don't regret any of it!

SATURDAY:
  • Made banana crepes for my family and a couple of our family friends.
  • Went to have coffee with a friend I haven't seen in a while.
  • Came home to find two of my SIL's at my house - which was fun! They helped me decide where to hang a couple pictures that I couldn't quite decide where they should go!
  • Made homemade applesauce, while Mr. Man made homemade salsa.
  • Had my MIL & FIL over for dinner.
  • Watched a movie as a family.
  • Washed, dried and folded all of our laundry throughout the course of the day.

SUNDAY:

  • Made broccoli cheddar soup.
  • Went to church where my FIL preaches.
  • Came home to watch football, eat soup, salsa and whatever else we could munch on all day (see next entry!)
  • One neighbor brought me guacamole and another neighbor brought me zucchini bread.
  • Took a long, hot bath and read a book while I was in there.
  • Worked on crafts.
  • Watched Six Feet Under and the movie Amazing Grace.

I didn't do dishes all day yesterday (ew!) which had its pluses and minuses! I had to get up this morning and clean up the kitchen! It looks really good right now!!!

15 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

Broccoli cheddar soup, a hot bath AND a book! Girl! That sounds like the best weekend EVER!!!!

Unknown said...

OOOOOOHHHHHHH I love broccoli and cheddar soup.... hack hack hack... Im sick can you deliver some :) j/k Sounds like you had a productive weekend! lol Mine was full of plain laziness and I LOVED IT!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a great weekend for nothing!

Aubrey said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm amazed you are still standing today. LOL

Save some of that soup for me!

Wendy said...

Wish my weekends "Doing nothing" were like this!!
..xx..xx..

sassy stephanie said...

I think "do nothing" only works for me when I'm sick in bed!

Searching For Simplicity said...

Wow, sounds like a busy weekend. But a nice one!!

Beth Cotell said...

Lots of activities and lots of good food - sounds like a great weekend!

Daphine said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I would so love to enjoy a long hot bath while reading a good book! It's so hard to make that happen.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did have a busy weekend.. but a tasty one.. Yum. I love Broccoli Cheddar Soup..

Swift Jan said...

Wow I think you need a weekend to recover from your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow, busy weekend. But, it sounds like fun!

United Studies said...

I also took a bubble bath and read a book. :-) That is my favorite way to unwind.

Jennifer said...

Wow that is a busy wekend--and w/ lots of good eats! I wish my neighbors were bringing me zucchini bread and guacamole!!

Jennifer said...

Oops--me agin!! Just wanted to add that Six Feet Under is my ALL-TIME favorite show!!!