I always thought crepes were hard... they really aren't. The first couple I made didn't turn out very well, but now I have been making crepes for many years now. My family particularly loves these banana crepes. I recommend serving bacon or sausage on the side and sometimes I also cut up cantaloupe to serve on the side too. If you desire you could top with whipped cream, although I never have.
These are very sweet. They are crepes with bananas in the center and a caramel sauce over the top.
Banana Crepes
INGREDIENTS:
CREPES:
1 c flour
1/4 c confectioners sugar
1 c milk
2 eggs
3 Tbls butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
FILLING:
1/4 c butter
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg
6-8 firm bananas
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c milk
For crepes: Stir flour and sugar together. Add milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt. Beat until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 6" skillet, add about 3 Tbls of batter, spreading to cover bottom of skillet. Cook until lightly browned, turn and brown other side. Remove to a wire rack.
For filling: Melt butter in a skillet. Add remaining ingredients and cook until slightly thick. Add bananas, cut lengthwise. Heat 2-3 minutes. Place bananas and sauce in crepe and roll. Spoon more sauce on top of crepe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment