A couple of years ago one of my sisters told me I should create a Facebook account. I was wanting a new job and she told me she uses her Facebook account for her job as a recruiter for a large company. I created the account, but really did nothing with it. That was, until a few months ago, I received an email that a friend of mine had added me as a friend in Facebook. So then I accepted her as "my friend" and started playing around with my profile picture and updating my information.
Then just a few days ago my husband created a Facebook account, all because I told him that his cousin added me as his "friend" in Facebook. He said "That's it! I'm getting a Facebook account. Tonight!" And that he did. This morning he called me at work to tell me he was pretty sure he had more "friends" than me. I laughed and said "Whatever!"
I have to admit I quickly logged into Faceboook to see how many friends I had.
Later in the day, I had to check our family email account (we each have a personal email account and then we have a family one too) and there were a whole bunch of Facebook emails in there! He cracks me up.
I have to admit I was addicted to Facebook too. Searching for my cousins and aunts and friends. It was crazy for a little while. Now, Mr. Man is right there, searching for anyone he might know!
He just called me and asked me (in a very shaky, nervous voice) who someone was. He said "Some girl in Portland wants to be my friend." I asked who it was and he said he had never heard of her before. I said "Just tell me her name and maybe I know who it is." He tells me and I started laughing so hard. It is my nephew's ex-girlfriend! She is a very sweet girl though and I have her in Facebook friends too! I think he is afraid some of his ex-girlfriends are going to find him on there and he thinks I will be mad. There are only two of the ex-girlfriends I can't stand! So as long as they don't rear their heads then we should be fine!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
that's hilarious...
I was a total myspace junkie. I hated FB, in fact. Bekah made me get one, and I checked about once every 6 months, when I would randomly remember my log in info.
Then, someone sent me Flair.
The addiction began.
Chris got one because one of my BFF's, Leon, is obsessed with the Mob Wars game. (OBSESSED.) He begged Chris to join and play (still the only reason chris keeps a facebook) and begged me to play, which I begrudgingly did, until I became slightly less obsessed, but none the less obsessed.
I love facebook!
I love FB too!! I have traced so many friends from my school days 20 years ago and we're in contact every day, from all over the world! I'm also addicted to some of the scrabble applications!
Wendy..xx..
Ha! We have had a few of those incidents on Facebook too. "Honey, do you know who so-and-so is?" If neither of us know her/him, then we just assume it's a mistake. But it is QUITE addicting!
Carrie
I am a FB addict.... I usually check my FB account before I check my personal emails!! HAHAHA... how sad!!
I have a rule though, If I dont know them I ignore them HAHA
Great! What are you trying to do to my woman! First you talk about how great this blogging thing is (which it IS, thank you!) now and addiction to Facebook???
What will my husband say now?
I started the same way. The first time I got the email, I set up the account and totally forgot about it. About a year later, my friend would not stop talking about FB. I finally went on and BAM. Hooked.
Well, I think he would say "You can NOT be friends with that girl anymore!"
I am a facebook junkie. I'm on it almost 24/7. It's been awesome to reconnect with old friends, stay in touch with people - I love it! You're not alone in your addiction. (o:
Post a Comment