Bonus recipe this week!
We are making these this weekend so I thought I'd post the recipe. I also am making these to give out to our neighbors this Christmas.
My husband's family has made popcorn balls for years using this recipe. It is made basically like a Rice Krispie Treat only with popcorn instead of the cereal. They are quite tasty. You can add food coloring (orange for autumn, red or green for Christmas, etc.)
Easy Popcorn Balls
INGREDIENTS:
3 quarts popped popcorn (about 1/3 c unpopped kernels)
1/4 c butter
1 (10 oz) bag marshmallows
food coloring (optional)
Put the popped popcorn in a large bowl or pan; set aside.
In large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high until butter is melted, about 30-45 seconds. Add marshmallows. Microwave on high until marshmallows look puffy, about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Stir to completely melt marshmallows. Add food coloring if you desire. Now pour melted marshmallows over the popcorn and mix carefully until the popcorn is coated.
Butter your hands to protect them from the heat and shape into balls. You will need to work quickly because this mixture will harden as it cools. Place balls on waxed paper to fully cool. Wrap each ball in plastic wrap after they are completely cool until ready to eat. Makes 12-15 depending on the size of your ball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Okay, so yesterday I posted about Popcorn balls right? I was really missing my aunts because let me tell you they are so so so good.. Well last night.. my friend, my cousin, and I had a girls night out. We went to eat and to a movie.. but on the way.. my cousin said, Here Becky - Mom made these and told me to give you one.. she remembers how much you used to love them.. How crazy is that? All in the same day...
Thanks for the recipe!
LOL. I read your post and laugh again about Becky's (above).
I have never made popcorn balls. I love them though and will have to try this. I even got one of those new silicone micro poppers since the micro bags are POISONING us!
Thanks for this recipe! I am going to try it with the kids today!
Now this I can do! Thanks for posting the recipe.
Holy mess Batman! We just made these. Yum. Messy. But FUN!
YUM....and even I can handle this one! Thanks for sharing.
Ok! How about this. You continue to make & post your great recipes and I can be your bloggy taste tester. Don't ya think that's a great idea?!? LOL
Weeksie - THAT is so crazy, all in one day!!!
Sassy Steph- Glad you tried them, yes they are messy, but yummy. Well, I love rice krispie treats and popcorn balls so the combo is wonderful!
Andbabywillmake4 - You gotta try 'em-- they are yummy!
nikkicrumpet - yep! They are easy and yummy.
Aubrey - Sure you can be my taste tester! No prob!
ALL- now, someone must get me a good caramel corn recipe. I tried one a few weeks ago and it wasn't very good!
Oh wow--I love popcorn balls and they sound extra good w/ the marshmallows!! I will definitely make these!!
Post a Comment