I have a very boring post today. I got nothing. I hit these blogging blocks once in awhile and for whatever reason I am uninspired and life just doesn't strike me - doesn't strike me good, doesn't strike me bad, doesn't strike me funny -- just plain does nothing for me!
This is one of those days. Probably because I haven't been sleeping well. It has been real windy here and one of our trees kept scrapping my window last night. I woke up every single time with a jolt! On Tuesday night I finally got up at 3:00 am and went to the couch to start Book #3 in the Twilight series (I'm sure you've heard nothing about it! hee hee)
OH! But I just thought of something, Perpetual Chaos asked me to post my play dough recipe, so here it goes:
Play-dough
INGREDIENTS:
2 c flour
1 c salt
2 Tbls vegetable oil
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
2 c water
food coloring
Mix the water with the food coloring. I like intense color so I do 6-10 drops probably. In a large pan, stir together flour, salt, oil, Cream of Tartar and water over medium heat. Heat until the dough starts to form a ball and pull away from sides of pan. Remove from heat. Let cool. Knead to get a good consistency. Store in a plastic bag or other airtight container. This will keep, unrefrigerated, for 2-4 weeks, maybe a little longer. This will also be a little sticky when it is warm, but after it is cooled completely it won't be sticky anymore.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
awww, this really takes me back! my Grandma used to make playdoh for us when I was like 6. I remember sneaking off to try and eat it with my cousin. HA
Thank you for visiting my blog! When I'm stuck, I usually do a MeMe just so I can say I had something to post. I love reading those, though, although I know some people don't.
Oh, I have days like this too..
I am sorry you haven't been sleeping well.. I love book 3. I thought it was good..
We make playdoh for our classroom all the time..homemade is the best I think..
Hey at least your posting! Think I may be averaging two or three a week right now!
I have made playdough so many times I can do it with my eyes closed. But, I'm no dummy. I make it for school and church. This mean mom doesn't do playdough at home!
Yea! Thanks for the recipe for playdoh. I was totally going to ask too!
Mornin! Found you through SITS. I love the playdough recipe! I'll have to try that! Happy blogging!
Post a Comment