Friday, October 10, 2008

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel Topping

These are melt-in-your-mouth-yummy-goodness! I made these for the teachers last year for the Teacher Appreciation breakfast that was hosted by the PTO. They were a huge hit! My SIL is coming for a visit in a couple weeks and I am going to make these while she is here!

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel Topping
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbls brown sugar

INGREDIENTS FOR STREUSEL TOPPING:
4 1/2 Tbls flour
5 Tbls white sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbls butter
3 Tbls chopped pecans

INGREDIENTS FOR MUFFIN BATTER:
2 1/2 c flour
2 c white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/3 c canned pumpkin
1/3 c olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour 18 muffin cups or use paper liners.

Filling: Beat cream cheese until soft. Add egg, vanilla and brown sugar. Beat until smooth, then set aside.

Streusel: Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Add butter and cut it in with a fork until crumbly, set aside.

Muffin batter: Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add eggs, pumpkin, olive oil and vanilla. Beat together until smooth. Place pumpkin mixture in muffin cups about 1/2 full. Then add one tablespoon of cream cheese mixture right in the middle of the batter. Try to keep cream cheese from touching cup. Sprinkle on the streusel topping. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

11 comments:

Misty said...

these are, seriously, my favorite...

Beth Cotell said...

OMG!!! These sound delicious!

I am definitely going to make these!

United Studies said...

Cool...I am gonna have to make these. I'll have to convert them to gluten-free, however.

Amy W said...

YUM. I am so going to have to make these...

Anonymous said...

Yummo.

sassy stephanie said...

Oh man I'm gonna gain more weight.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Another one to add to my growing collection of pumpkin treats to bake and make this weekend. I am going to love these. I might have to hide'em from my husband.

Kelly said...

that recipe looks delicious! Also, I think I might do the ornament swap thing! I haven't decided 100% yet, but I had such a great time with the Pink Potpourri swap that I might do it!!! Plus, I LOVE Christmas, and we actually have a tree in our house this year! Anyways, I hope things are going well!

Darcy @ m3b said...

Printing this to try.

Thanks!

Jennifer said...

Ohdeargod I want these!!!!

Carrie said...

oh...my....lawrd...those sound AMAZING!!!!