This weekend Mr. Man was on-call and ended up working a full day on Saturday. The weather was absolutely gorgeous here!
Our neighbor brought over some play dough toys that her kids had outgrown. My kids instantly wanted to play with play dough and guess what? My charming 3 yo daughter had used it for her dolls food. There were dried up little balls and cut up strips in her play kitchen set.
I decided we could make our own play dough. I pulled out my books from the days of teaching in a preschool and found a couple play dough recipes. We wiped up 3 colors (I only had 3 colors of food coloring!). The kids played for hours ...seriously hours, almost Three whole hours of unstoppable play dough fun...on the deck outside, where there wasn't a mess for mom to clean up!
They had a ton of fun - it was great!
Then on Sunday we hung out and watched some football, then we all went on a bike ride (me with a low front tire so I really got a work out!)
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
Wow....three hours?? I don't know what I'd do if Emma amused herself for three hours.
sounds fun! Playdough is awesome on the deck-I agree!
We made your popcorn balls! Yummm
That's great that Playdough entertained the kiddos for 3 WHOLE hours! Amazing. Checking in for the One Minute Networking on SITS.
It sounds like a relaxing weekend...especially with three hours of play dough fun.
Gotta love the playdough! Last Thanksgiving, the kids played with some for the whole, LONG, holiday weekend. I loved it!
Ready for some Monday Night Football? Yeah...me either.
I have made homemade play-doh before and the same thing happened--they played w/ it non-stop!! That's a great project to do w/ the kids!
There is something magic about playdoh..I love that stuff and so does my class.. The homemade kind is the best..
Wow! I was never lucky enough for my girls to play with playdough long enough. I'm impressed with your kiddos being entertained for soooooo long with it! What a blessing for you.
Sounds like a great weekend! You really need to share your recipe for those of us out here who don't have a clue...
Whoa, 3 hours?? Must keep this in mind....
Post a Comment