Thursday, October 2, 2008

Clearly I should not have tried to run errands

What was supposed to be a short 30-45 minute trip to complete a few errands turned into a full hour of little problems.


First off, I drove to the post office, as I turned my signal on to turn right into the parking lot a car coming the other way whipped into the parking lot (turning left in front of me) causing me to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting her. Nice!


Then, I was waiting in line to mail my oversized package and a lady standing over at the side counter filling out her paperwork jumped in front of me in line. I thought to myself "Self, that is no big deal. You aren't in that big of a hurry. Let it go *sigh*"


After getting the package mailed, I had to run to the bank. As I turned out of the post office parking lot though I went the wrong direction - opposite of the bank. Ugh. So I made my turns and circled back to the bank.


Then I decided I would run through a drive-thru to grab a quick lunch. I pulled into McD's and the line was extremely long, again I told myself it wasn't that big of a deal. I finally ordered my food and pulled through the series of windows to pay and finally collect my food. I looked inside the bag, but did not carefully look at the wrapper on the sandwich, all I noticed was that there was one sandwich and one small fry. I pull out of that drive-thru and get almost all the way back to my office before I decide to unwrap the sandwich (because my original plan was to just eat at the office). It isn't what I ordered at all. I mean not even the right sandwich with the right toppings. Ugh. I had enough time before I was expected back at work so I turned around and went back through said drive-thru.


I explain the problem to the guy at the window who apologizes and gets me a bag of what is supposed to be the correct food. I double check the food (by scanning the outside wrapper) and mosey on my way. As I get to a stop light I decide I am too hungry to wait until I get back to the office so I pull out the sandwich, and apparently they sort of threw it in the bag and didn't even carefully wrap it so as I pull it out of the bag it falls out of the wrapper and splits apart leaving lettuce, ketchup and mayo all over my leg.


Then as I am pulling back into the parking lot of my office building, there are no parking spaces available. Not even the ones along the far end. Not one. Because they had a bunch blocked with some construction trucks (they are re-doing the front of our building!) so I had to drive across the street and park then walk back to my building. I parked in another building's lot, but there weren't any "Tow Away Zone" signs or anything so I hope I am ok. (I could actually see my car from my boss's office window so I kept checking on my car all afternoon. Fortunately, no towing! Phew!)

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

What were you thinking?!?!
Just Kidding!

Don't you just hate when you try to be productive during your lunch hour and the end up, well...like THAT!

LOL

Misty said...

I really despise days like that... which is sort of every other errand day around here...

Wendy said...

Oh no! HATE days like that where every tiny thing becomes a huge obstacle :-(
It can only get better :-)

..xx..

Tiffany said...

Hope today is a better day. Was there a full moon last night? That's usually when crazy stuff like this happens to me.

Keep your chin up!

Julie said...

ugh, spilling all over you too - what a mess.

Jennifer Owens said...

Whew!!! I hate days like that. I usually end up crying into a half gallon of chocolate icecream after a day like that!! Thankfully days like that are never two days in a row!