
When we go to the public library each kid gets their own set of books and then ask me to help carry them home. In addition to that little problem, Spirit lost a library book two weeks ago (I think he accidentally returned to the school library instead of the public library, but I've asked the school and they say they don't have it and so I guess I have to believe them). And then last week we spent 30 minutes scouring the house looking for 2 of Lefty's public library books (fortunately I found those!).
I decided we needed a system, I started to say a new system, but we didn't really have any kind of system before so we needed something in place.
I went to the craft store and bought tote bags, the ones I bought happened to be a 3-pack which was perfect! One for each kid! I also bought some iron-ons and some fabric paint and fabric markers!
One Saturday we sat down and went to town. We ironed on cute little things, they decorated them and I wrote their name in fabric paint. They turned out cute! Sorry I don't have any pictures -- I am such a loser today!
To keep track of the book bags I told the kids that the book bags need to always be hung up on the coat racks in their room when they are done reading. Every time they take a book out they need to be sure to put it back in the book bag when they are done. This way when it is time to return books to the library we know where they are. We can grab the bags and head out. Then we can get our new books and put them right into the book bags!
For more Works For Me Wednesday ideas, click here!





6 comments:
Great idea!
My 2 younger kids got little bags during the summer of reading. Good thing because I am so not crafty! They come in SO handy during our trips to the library!
Aubrey - you are too crafty-- you just don't give yourself enough credit!
What a great idea! I have a spare tote, I'm gonna do this!!!
What a great idea!! Anything to give yourself a break from the constant lugging around that we do as mamas!
Carrie
I can totally relate with you on the losing/forgettung library books! I have about a $10 fine at our library right now because of it.
But great idea! We have a ton of tote bags that were just stuffed in closets so I am using those now.
Urgh! Totally feel your pain!
My girls made me tote bags when they were in preschool with hand prints. So cute. Now they each use those for their library visits.
Hope your new system helps!!
Post a Comment