I saw this recipe over at The Grocery Cart Challenge and tried it last weekend - they were yummy. We made a glaze for ours too from a recipe I found in a cookbook I had at home. I added the recipe for that below. We made half of ours sugar donuts and the other half glazed.
Baked Sugar Donuts
INGREDIENTS:
2 cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
6 Tbls melted butter
2/3 c sugar
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Separate the biscuits, flatten each to a 2 1/2 inch round. Cut hole in center using knife or a 1" round biscuit cutter (I don't own a biscuit cutter, and the knife worked just dandy!). Dip all sides of biscuits and centers into butter, then into the sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
For Chocolate Glazed Donuts:
Prepare as above, except do not dip into the sugar after the butter. Bake as directed above.
Melt 4 oz semi sweet chocolate and 3 Tbls butter over low heat, stirring often. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 1/2c powdered sugar and 3 Tbls HOT water. Stir. Add more hot water until it is spreadable consistency. Spread on cooled donuts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
OOooo! This is something easy enough that even I could do! Yippee!! Thanks for another great recipe!
okay...YUM!!!!
Post a Comment