Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Take a tour of my house - Master Bedroom


I was somewhat holding off on showing this room because we are planning a tiny remodel of this room, but since we aren't financially ready to complete it I think I will showcase the room today and then do a before/after post later.

This is, of course, the room Mr. Man and I share. I love this room because it has 2 closets, one is bigger than the other. I have the smaller one, plus a dresser. Mr. Man has his larger closet (that has built in shelves), plus his bedside table.

The bed we have was Mr. Man's before we got married. The dresser I use was once Lady Bug's. The bench you see was made by Mr. Man for our wedding. The bedside table was mine before we got married. So nothing in here is a set and nothing matches.

This room does not have a "master bathroom", but we have a door off our room that leads to the main bathroom which is ok. Mr. Man and Spirit use the downstairs bathroom and the other two kids and I use the upstairs bathroom. It works out nicely for us.

When we moved in there were mint green curtains over the windows....ick. So we took those down and are adding some valances. Here is a picture of the curtains.

Here is what the room looks like today (messes and laundry piled up and all....I guess I could have cleaned up a little before I took the pictures. Oops.):


Other rooms in the house tour:
Living Room
Kitchen
Sunroom
Family Room
Laundry room/Bathroom
Spirit's Room
Lefty's Room
Lady Bug's Room

2 comments:

Misty said...

but the mint green curtains were so lovely...

We need to talk, girl, about your remodel plans. I would love to hear your ideas! :)

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I love a peek into other people's homes, thank you for a peek into yours!
I LOVE your bed-I don't have a headboard, so I am envious of anyone that has one I would love-Lucky you!