I told you that Spirit ended up sick. I stayed home from work with both boys and sent Lady Bug on to school (preschool). I headed to work about 1:00 when Mr. Man was able to come home and be with the kids. When I left Spirit was asleep on the couch where he had been most of the day. Lefty was feeling better so when I left he was at the table eating soup - his first meal in about 3 days.
About 3:00 I got a call from Mr. Man at my office saying that Spirit had woken up with a 104.3 fever. I told him to do a cool bath and some Tylenol. He called back a short time later and he was very concerned saying he didn't think the fever was coming down at all. So I called the doctor and they wanted us in immediately. They told me to have Mr. Man give Spirit a cool shower and then put shorts on him and no shirt so he would cool down and get him in there.
At the doctor's office they decided to swab him for strep and for the swine flu. He still had a fever while he was there. No strep. No flu. Thank God!!! It turns out it is just a virus that we need to let run it's course.
This evening his temperature has not been as high, but won't drop below 101, even with the Tylenol or Ibuprofen. So I know he'll be home from school again tomorrow, but I hope he gets well soon. Lefty was sick for 5 days and if Spirit follows that routine we are in for another 3 or 4 days. Great.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Fevers are the WORST! I hope everyone gets well SOON!
I am sorry to hear this-we have a yucky cold going around here, too-
Poor little guy. I sure hope it is about over. These germs get nastier each year.
Oh goodness! I hope things are better today! Sickies are no fun - unless they let you snuggle with them on the couch ;o)
Post a Comment