Last week was a busy one in our house. Mr. Man had 2 meetings that lasted late into the evenings last week, then one evening he was gone until midnight at a pre-season football game. My work was crazy last week, although I didn't have to work late any day, but all-in-all I was certainly ready for the weekend!
A friend of ours took Lefty on Saturday to Chuck E Cheese (better her than me!) and on Sunday afternoon a different friend of ours took the kids with her to the mountains for the afternoon and they got home about 10:00 pm. So while they were gone on Sunday Mr. Man and I ran some errands, and we looked at some landscaping stuff trying to decide what to do in both our front and back yards.
Then first thing Monday morning we hit the ground running - Mr. Man and Spirit went to work in the front and pulled up 4 dying/dead bushes from the front of the house while I cleaned inside. I mopped floors, changed sheets, did laundry, scrubbed the front door down and wiped down walls in the house from all the dirty fingerprints.
We haven't quite decided what to replace the bushes with but it looks ok for now. We can do some more research on what will grow well. We live in this dry Colorado with crappy soil, it is sometimes hard to get things to grow well here. I think I will post before and after pictures tomorrow as part of my "Home Tour".
Yesterday is the anniversary of the day I met my husband. I was telling the story yesterday to someone and he said I didn't tell the story right so I am here to tell the story - the RIGHT way ... I had been attending church with Mr. Man's parents a short time. They run a bible college and every year on Labor day they have "Opening School Picnic" so I had made arrangements with one of the girls at the church (who was also a co-worker of mine and she was the reason I was going to that church) to pick her up at her house and we would go to the picnic together. She called me just before I was leaving to get her and said "I have this guy working on my deck and he got a late start so I won't be ready to go for about another 45 minutes" So I show up 45 minutes later and the guy - who turns out to be Mr. Man - is still not done with her deck. He was laying some carpet on her deck for her and I watched in amazement at his work. How he would eyeball where he would need to cut, he'd cut and it would be PERFECT!! It was so cool how he did that! BUT I was irritated that this guy was holding me up. I thought, "How rude! We have plans buddy. Finish up so we can go!" So we waited and waited while he finished. Finally he was done and we headed out. My friend finally told me that he was the son of the preacher of the church we were going to. So I asked if he was going to the picnic and he said probably not, it wasn't his thing. So when my friend and I showed up - there he was. He told me later that for him it was "Love at first sight" and he knew he had to go to the picnic! I was a little more cautious about him! About a week later he called the office to talk to my friend, but unfortunately she was out of town because her mom was in the hospital. When I told him that he had a very concerned tone which I thought was so sweet. After we talked for a couple minutes he told me the reason he was calling her was to see if she wanted to go downtown for a football game, but since she wasn't around would I be interested in going. It snowballed from there and we started doing more and more things together. He was so sweet and always doing such nice things for me. For instance, one day he called me at work and asked me to meet him at this park after work that kinda overlooks the city. It is really a neat place to go walk around. When I showed up he had flowers for me and then when we were walking around he picked some more flowers for me. {awwwww!} We dated for 2 years before getting married. We will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this coming January.
Over all we had a great weekend, not too busy but busy enough that I feel like we got some stuff accomplished!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Glad you had such a great and productive weekend... and awww, what a sweet story!!! Happy 'meeting' anniversary!
:)
~Tabitha
What a sweet, sweet story-glad you told it...
awe... what a man!
I hadn't been online all weekend because we'd been working on the office so it was in shambles. I just saw your caramel corn recipe. FUNNY! we almost put caramel corn in your package...
which reminds me- we got your box today! LOVE LOVE LOVED it! (soooo much!) I will post photos and such on Thursday. :) You are a true gem, my friend...
I loved the story. It is fun to know how people meet. Next installment – "The Proposal"
aww, that is a great story! I, too, would like to hear The Proposal story next. =)
I had so much to get done this weekend, but one thing after another came up and I barely got anything done.
Happy "meeting" anniversary!
Thank you for sharing with us a so swwet story:)
P..S.
i love your blog's title!
Betty
Post a Comment