My family participated in a swap that Rainy Day In May hosted. We got our package in the mail a week or so ago and the kids had SO much fun tearing into it. Seriously, the excitement matched that of Christmas morning! The swap package was to include something for the five senses (see, smell, touch, taste and hear).
The kids were tearing into things so quickly I didn't get a chance to photograph, and quite possibly didn't get a chance to SEE, everything but I think we got (Please forgive me if there is something I missed...):
*4 packs of popcorn and a 4-pack of popcorn toppers (cheese, nacho cheese, sour cream and onion and bacon cheddar)
*Skittles
*Each kid was sent a cool rubber ball with these cool "floating" things inside of it!
*Scented stickers (a huge hit with all the kids but especially Lady Bug....she begged her brothers to let her keep ALL the stickers.... I believe that one is still in negotiations!)
*Each kid got a set of the coolest scented pencils. I mean these things are SO cool. I wanted to keep them for myself, but clearly they were not for me.
*Play-Doh
*A homemade CD with a fun handmade cover
*I-Spy game
Sooooooo, the night we got the package, after dinner, we promptly popped popcorn and taste-tested the popcorn flavorings/toppings, ate some Skittles and played the game. Lady Bug snatched up the CD and immediately put it in her room... little stinker!
This was such a fun swap to participate in and it was a family swap so my kids and I worked hard putting our package together (I love activities we can do together as a family)....Mr. Man was so busy all summer he had very little input into our package, but he was with us in spirit!





2 comments:
it really was fun! It really brought out a lot of creativity it Genny & I together- I loved it. After the fact, I kept thinking of cool things to stick in there and Chris kept saying "no budget"...
Scrooge. :)
what a fun idea! I have never heard of doing this before. I can see by your blog list that we have a lot of common interests! i love making new bloggy friends. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
Post a Comment