This room is actually on the lower level but somehow in my haste to pre-post the last "home tour" pictures I somehow posted Lefty's room last week which is upstairs, instead of posting this one. Since I was on vacation, I didn't realize I had done that until yesterday...whoops!
So today we are back to the lower level to showcase Spirit's room.
When we moved into the home, I was not ready for any of the children to be on a different level than me. So we ended up making this room the playroom for almost a year. Then the boys just had way too different of personalities and they weren't able to share the upstairs bedroom anymore. Lefty is a very clean, organized kid, where Spirit is well, he is spirited and doesn't mind dirt and clutter. We were finding that Lefty would go in and do a thorough cleaning of their room and get really upset when Spirit didn't keep it clean. We finally decided it was time to separate them. Then we had to decide which boy would be moved downstairs. We ended up moving Spirit down there since he is the oldest.
This bedroom is on the lower level next to the laundry room/bathroom.
There is one whole wall that is a large closet with lots of built-in shelves that I just LOVE! The previous owners also built an L-shaped desk in there (which isn't my favorite thing and I would love to tear it out one day, but Spirit likes it!)
I will being showing you pictures of when it was a playroom and then what it looks like now as Spirit's room.
PLAYROOM:
The large TV in there isn't connected to cable, nor does it have it antenna so they can only watch movies (from the VCR/DVD player) or play video games on it.
Spirit is my book loving, video game loving, outdoor loving kid. He loves to lay in bed and read, but also takes every opportunity to be outdoors, riding his bike, roller blading or collecting bugs.
SPIRIT's ROOM:
You can see in the above picture the wall of closet, they have mirrored doors (not my favorite!)
I absolutely hate the wall paneling too and that is on my list of things to remove and paint too!
This room is in need of some "character", and slowly we are adding stuff to make it more HIS room.
In case you missed some of the previous rooms I showcased in my home tour:
Living Room
Kitchen
Sunroom
Family Room
Laundry room / bathroom





2 comments:
I always admire that pic of the letters. I really want some like that for my house!
Hey!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
I love snooping round other peoples houses so the pictures today were great - legal snooping! Brilliant!
LBM xxx
Post a Comment