So I am still on the couch sick, in fact I slept on the couch last night. My poor husband had to take on all the "family" responsibilities by himself last night and of course it was one "those" nights.
First off, he had to work a little late so he ended up rushing and rushing to get Lady Bug from school - she has to be picked up by 5:30. Then he rushed over to get the boys from the after school program they go to. All the while I was asleep on the couch.
Then when Mr. Man decided to make some dinner, he discovered that even though I was telling him I had all the ingredients for tuna noodle casserole, I actually did not. I had NO tuna. Whoops. I am blaming the cold meds I was on. So off to the store he went, leaving the kids at home with the mom who slept on the couch the entire time he was gone. I am guessing they all survived! Hee hee!
I attempted to join the fam for dinner, but didn't make it long. Then I headed to bed and I think was back asleep by 7:30. After I was in bed, even though I was in and out of sleep I overheard some things that made me appreciate my husband even more than I already do! He gave the boys showers, and they are old enough to take showers on their own, but without parental prodding they will stay in there until the hot water runs out. Since Mr. Man was cleaning up the dinner dishes he wasn't able to stay on top of the boys so they ended up staying in a little long. Each boy took a separate shower and between the two of them they almost used all the hot water, leaving very little hot water for Lady Bug's bath. But he was able to get enough water for her, UNTIL I hear "Daaaaaaaad!" Then Mr. Man went in to the bathroom and I hear him ask her why she pooped in the tub. Her response? "I tooted and all that poop came out too!" So he cleaned the tub and then washed her off in a quick shower (no doubt a somewhat cool shower!)
What a good guy he is, he never got upset or lost patience. As a mom, it is so hard to just sit back and let someone else do the work, but I seriously could not get off the couch! All day...when I was awake anyway...I kept thinking about the chores I needed to get done. None of those chores got done and I don't think they will get done today either.
I moved back to the couch at 10:30 when Mr. Man came to bed. I knew I could not sleep with him because I would be blowing my nose and coughing all night. I still have a fever today, runny/stuffy nose, lots of sneezing and coughing and the best part my head feels like it could explode! I hate being sick!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I love you and hope you feel better soon.
Steph
so many people are sick right now... sending you good/healthy vibes... What a man you have!
Gosh! you poor thing! but this post is hysterical none the less. My husband and I were dieing at the tub and the little girl part. Oh my... (wiping tears from laughing)
:(
Sorry you are sick-o!
Hope you feel better soon!!!
I hope you get well soon! Sounds like you have a pretty bad case of it!
Post a Comment