Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Recipe - Apple Cider Cake

I saw this recipe here about a year ago and I bookmarked it. I finally got around to making it a couple weeks ago. It is SUPERB! It is a light, spice cake with a lemony glaze. It is a pretty cake too! I have made it twice now.

You can click over and see her wonderful pictures and find the recipe for it there too, or I have copied it here (but mine doesn't show all the pretty pictures like hers does!)

The thing I liked about this cake is that it is easy and it also looks very pretty!


Apple Cider Cake
INGREDIENTS:

Cake--
18.25 oz plain yellow cake mix
3.5 oz vanilla instant pudding (dry)
4 large eggs
1 cup apple cider
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Glaze--
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tbsp apple cider
1/2 tsp lemon zest

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour in a bundt pan. Place cake mix, pudding, eggs, apple cider, oil, cinnamon & cloves in mixing bowl. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl and beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake 42-48 minutes (or until done). Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes.

Now for the glaze, heat confectioners sugar, cider and lemon zest in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth.

Take cake out of pan and place it on your serving plate and immediately pour glaze over the cake. Be sure that the cake and glaze is still warm so that it soaks down into the cake.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Sounds yummy! I will have to try this sometime this fall!! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That sounds soooo good-we love apple cider!