
The other night Mr. Man had gone to a class so I fed the kids and got everyone ready for bed, then I was in my room folding some laundry.
Lefty: (hollering from his bed) "Mooooom"
Me: (hollering back from my room) "What?"
No further response. A minute or two goes by and I hear:
Lefty: "mooommm?"
Me: "What?"
No response from Lefty. Then a minute goes by and he says again:
Lefty: "MOM?!"
Me: (hollering in a slightly angry voice from my room) "WHAT? I have said what 3 times. What do you need?"
A slight pause.
Lefty: "ummmm, can you come here for a second?"
So I go in his room, I wasn't angry at this point, but simply said "What do you need?"
Lefty: "My teacher told me that if we are really frustrated we should do Yoga breathing. So, Mom, you breathe in through your nose, making your tummy tight. Count to three and then let it out through your mouth. Like this, watch mom."
Demonstration of said Yoga breathing technique.
Me: "That is a really good idea. Is that what you called me in here for?"
Lefty: "Well, no but you sounded REALLY frustrated."
Touche'!!





5 comments:
Literally laughing out loud! They call us out, don't they?
This has been another example of why I need to blog and stay connected with my bloggy friends in bloggy world!
I have missed you guys and I think I'm on my way back! Thanks for the inspiration ;o)
HA!! My kids yell for me ALL THE TIME! And they expect me to stop what I'm doing and find them. I get mad every single time. I'll have to remember this breathing technique for the next time they yell for me.
Just Calm Down Mom! That is so funny! Yoga breathing I'll remember that -
ha ha, thats so funny! good idea, too.
Ouch! Sometimes my kids remind me that I need to relax too!
Post a Comment