Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Take a tour of my house - The living room

My husband and I have lived in 6 homes in our marriage. Most of them rentals with limited decorating options. We own the house we are in now and love it! When we were house hunting in early 2008, we stumbled upon this house when we were out driving one day, it wasn't on our list of ones to look at with the realtor, but we had our realtor try to get us in that day. He was able to get us in right then. After we looked at all the houses that day (about 15 or more!!), we had narrowed it down to 2 we really liked(this one and then one about 6-8 blocks away from here). So we went home and did pros and cons of both houses. After lots of talking and being torn we finally decided to put an offer on this house. It was owned by one owner, but they had been renting it out for the last several years. We ended up being able to visit with the seller a little bit, they had one son and one daughter; both kids had moved out and were in college. They were so excited to see a family buying their home. You could tell this home meant a lot to them. In fact, we still keep in touch with the sellers.

I thought it might be fun to do a little tour of my home. I have some before and after pictures too. It is still a work in process, but we are enjoying making it our own.

Over the next few weeks I will be posting the house room by room. Might end up being pretty boring, but maybe not, we'll see.

First up:
The Living Room

When you walk into our home, you will enter the living room first. This isn't a room we spend a lot of time in, but it can end up being my messiest room since everyone walks in and dumps their belongings here. This room is also the one I have spent the least amount of time decorating in. I'm not sure why, just haven't been inspired in this room.

These pictures below show the living room before we really unpacked any boxes so they are serious "before" photos.

This first picture is a picture of what you will see as you walk into the home. This is taken from the front door. This picture was taken a day or two after moving in. We still hadn't put furniture in this room, except my husband's prize roll-top desk.


Now, here is what this room looks like now. We have picked out a paint color to paint behind the couch, but just haven't had the time to do it yet. I will update photos after we get it painted (don't hold your breath, it may be a few months!)




This next picture is also taken from the front door area and is looking straight ahead into the kitchen area. This was also taken before we had unpacked much.



Here is what this looks like now. From the front door looking straight ahead into the kitchen area. Again, need some pictures hung or paint or something. But haven't gotten that far.


3 comments:

Misty said...

i LOVE those french doors though! I've ALWAYS wanted French Doors!

United Studies said...

I agree with Misty, the French doors are wonderful! I really like your living room, it's a good size.

In our house there are no doors separating the dining room and "formal" living room, which we are using for our office, so I would one day like to get French doors.

Aubrey said...

Looking good! Can't wait to see which other rooms you feature!