Our weekend was fairly uneventful. We stayed close to home. Lady Bug went to grandma and grandpa's overnight Friday, and went camping with them. So Saturday morning while Mr. Man worked, the boys and I went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs which was super cute, I highly recommend it.
Yesterday our neighbor kid (we'll call him "D") was out front of his house playing. His bike was laying in the driveway and some kid came up to him and asked if he could ride his bike. At first D said no. The kid just kept begging so finally D said ok. The kid hops on and never came back. D went inside and told his parents what happened, they started looking for the kid but didn't find him. So D's dad says to me when he's telling me the story, "I sure hope D learned his lesson." I asked what lesson that is? Because, I mean seriously, is the lesson not to trust anyone? or is the lesson not to be nice to anyone? What is the lesson here? As soon as I said this, D's dad said "hmmm, good point. I don't know what lesson I want him to learn." D said he didn't even know the kid, had never seen him before. Makes me sad that we live in this kind of world.
Lefty is at home sick today. Has a fever, coughing, running nose and an upset stomach. NICE. Spirit woke up this morning saying his throat kinda hurt. I have feeling this is going to run through our house...
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Oh my gosh, you have NO IDEA HOW happy I am you let me know YOU LIKE IT TOO !
I'M CLAPPING OUT LOUD !!!!
so sad about that kids bike! what a lil jerk. I can just imagine how I would have felt as a kid if someone had done that to me.
I kinda want to see Cloudy, but its not a Disney movie and I usually boycott nonDisney movies.
That is terrible about the little boy and his bike!!!!
Horrible!!!
Sorry to hear everyone is sick-we are getting colds right now....Yuck!
What a mean bully!
I hope you guys don't get the flu running through your house. If I recall correctly, you just got over being sick yourself!
i don't know... most bullies tend to just push a kid down and take their bike. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm imagining a kid who has a little bit less ideal of a homelife/situation... My empathy, I guess, is shining through...
doesnt matter if the bully has a crappy home life. all the more reason for him to learn right from wrong. what kid has an "ideal" home life anyway?
Im just really sick of people being wronged only to hear pity for the OTHER person. I have empathy for the kid who got a raw deal.
I was forced to think a little when I read Misty's comment about feeling bad for the boy who stole the bike. She has a point, the poor kid might have a bad home life. I also have to agree with La Pixie that even if he has a bad home life he shouldn't be allowed to just rip people off. I do think that the parents of D should tell him that even though he lost a bike, maybe that kid didn't have one and wanted one really bad. I also think D's parents should be sure to tell him that we can't just take other people's things even if we are poor or watching our money. So, I think D's parents can use this to teach him some lessons, to have empathy and also that it wasn't right for that kid to take something from someone else.
Post a Comment