Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Take a tour of my house - Laundry room


The next room I am showing off probably should be left alone, but I am going to show it anyway.

We have a bathroom on the lower level that also houses my laundry room. I wasn't sure I would like the set up, but actually it works quite well. The bathroom is the one Mr. Man uses most often and recently the boys have decided they like to shower in there. This bath does not have a tub, just a shower.

This picture is taken from the family room area near the bottom of the stairs looking towards the bathroom.

This picture is taken from the bathroom/laundry room doorway. The white shelf unit sitting behind the toilet is one of my favorite things. It is actually meant to hang on the wall but the layout of the bathroom didn't really have a good spot for it. The mirror runs the length of that wall and that left one other little space, but it would have been cumbersome near the sink. So we had it sitting on the floor for several weeks and one day I was in there cleaning and realized the countertop behind the toilet would be the perfect spot for this shelf. It works great there!


This picture was taken from the other end of the bathroom, next to the shower. There is also a window on that wall which gives off nice light.



The below picture is taken from the sink area looking at the laundry set up. As you can see I didn't do any clean up before I took this picture, so please excuse the dirty clothes piled up!

The owners of the home built these nice shelves with great cupboards. I love that I can hide all my cleaning stuff and other junk in there. These shelves go right up to the ceiling so I can store a lot in there.




Close up of the cupboards!

In case you missed some of the other rooms in the tour:

Living Room

Kitchen

Sunroom

Family Room

3 comments:

United Studies said...

I have cupboards almost like that above my washer/dryer. I love having the laundry room on our first floor, rather than the basement. No that I DO laundry very often, mind you. ;-) But I am sure it is convenient for Peter.

Aubrey said...

LOVE the cupboards! I need me some of those! LOL

Unknown said...

Would you like to come and do some cleaning at my house? Even your laundry room is immaculate...I'm jealous.

Just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.