I know I usually post recipes on Friday, but this one is too good I had to share it now.
I am taking this one to a party we are going to on Saturday. I also made this one for Thanksgiving snacks and everyone loved it! It is a nice Christmas dip though because of the red and green in it! I also gotta tell ya I am not a big fan of frozen spinach but this dip is really good!!!
I found it on the Kraft foods website (they have a ton of yummy recipes on there!) I made a few adjustments though. Here is my version of their dip:
Cheesy Spinach and Bacon Dip
INGREDIENTS:
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained (why is this such a pain to do?)
1 lb. (16 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (Do NOT use store brand... there won't be as much cheesy flavor - trust me!)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
8 slices of bacon, cooked, crumbled (I did 8 originally but think I will do maybe 10-12 slices because with 8 there really wasn't enough to even know bacon was in there)
Krafts version said to microwave all ingredients in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 5 min. or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 min. Serve with tortilla chips and cut-up fresh vegetables.
I did mine in a crock-pot (so I could take it with us warm) and just let it cook on low until cheese was melted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
How could Velveeta, Ro-Tel, and bacon NOT be good! Sadly, I don't think this dip is Weight Watchers approved. " )
Sounds devine! Am I invited to this party? Just Kidding...but save me some dip!
that sounds absolutely yummo..
YUM! i can't wait to try that dip! i am going to a party tonight...maybe i'll use that!
thanks for the sweet compliment! we moved in on Saturday, and spent the last three days finishing up our rental house. we're pretty much done, but the unpacked boxes are hidden the basement, and none of the pictures have been hung yet ;)
Don't you just love Kraft! I get their magazine, and made 2 of their recipes the last 2 nights for dinner! They were very good! I'll have to try this dip!
Rotel makes anything yummy! I'm going to bookmark this and make it the next time I need a dip! Thanks!
Yummy! Sounds good!!!
I am gonna try that one this weekend! Thanks!
Hey! The Ritz mints were super easy! In the cake decorating aisle at walmart or hobby lobby, there is a bag of baking chips, and I think it's dark chocolate mint coco chips. It's a white bag. Just melt those in the microwave, stir until it's smooth, then drop your Ritz in. With a spoon, cover the cracker with chocolate, and use your fork to scoop it out. tap your fork on the side of the bowl until enough chocolate falls off that you can start to see where the holes are in the cracker. Then, just lay it on some wax paper on a cookie tray, sprinkle, and go! :D
The pretzel turtles sound so good! I had heard of that before, but we didn't try it. I think Andy would really like the pretzel sticks with the sprinkles, too!
You had me at "bacon"!
MMMM, sounds delish!! My husband makes a wonderful spinach dip and this just makes me want it!!
Post a Comment