Monday, December 8, 2008

President and PTO

Mr. Man and I try to get involved in the kids' school as much as we can (sometimes that can be hard with both of us working full time, but we do what we can). Last year Mr. Man was a PTO member and attended most of the meetings and we chaired some events and got involved whenever/wherever our schedules would allow.

This year...Mr. Man was elected Co-President of the PTO. I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants when he came home from a meeting and told me! Not sure why I found it so hilarious but I did!

Because of this fine election (**Insert the U.S. Presidential theme song here!)--last night we were up until 1:00 a.m. tallying candy bar fundraiser money. Calculating how many candy bars to order and what kinds, along with how many prizes to order for the kids.

Some of the orders were turned in all nice and neat, well organized...others -- not so much! Some of those we couldn't tell what the person was ordering because there was a check mark then a scribble then a circle over that? What??

One little girl's order was turned in with $20 worth of stuff marked off, but there was $80 in checks in the envelope, so we had to track down her teacher to send it back home!

So, in addition to our late night, Mr. Man also spent almost all day Friday working on this fundraiser and other PTO items. Yep, presidency is hard work people!

8 comments:

Shelley said...

I am feeling his pain. Last year, I was Secretary/Treasurer of the PTO. The president never showed up and when she did, she didn't have a clue what was going on. It was one wild ride.
This year, we moved during the summer and I told the PTO, thanks, but no thanks when offered a position. I told them to call me and tell me what they wanted me to do and I would do it, but no more making the decisions and doing all the work by myself.
Good luck. I hope your husband's year as co-prez is a great one.

Misty said...

Bless your hearts... And what happens is not enough people do volunteer, so those that do are overloaded...

Danyele Easterhaus said...

wow. who knew!!! thanks for stopping by my blog today!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Wow! President is a big deal!! Hope he has a great year-no stress!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I do not envy him!
But, good luck!

Anonymous said...

I avoid the pta like the plague cause I can never say no to stuff!

La Pixie said...

my cousin is President of her PTSO and, let me tell you, I get stuck doing a lot of work on HER presidency. thankfully, I havent been asked to decifer bad handwriting yet.

Aubrey said...

That still cracks me up! Mr. Man is THE Man. LOL