Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Words of wisdom

I was folding clothes the other day when in marched Lady Bug with Lefty in tow quickly behind her.

She said in a very sweet, soft voice:
"Mom, I accidentally broke this off one of the snowmen."

I looked at the poor snowman's arm that she was holding and said it was ok, and I would glue it.

She handed it to me and said
"Ok. Sorry mom." as she hung her head down.

I assured her it wasn't that big of a deal and that the snowman was fixable.

As she and Lefty turned to leave my room I heard Lefty say
"See. I told you that as long as you are honest mom is very forgiving."

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

so sweet! Maybe they do listen/learn when we think they are not!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That is so sweet!

Temple said...

You are such a super mom! So, act all surprise because I left you a little something on my blog today! :)

Aubrey said...

How sweet that her big brother reassured her before she came to tell you! That's love!

Wendy said...

Too cute!! What a great Brother! And great Mom too!! :-)

United Studies said...

Hahaha....that is so cute. And that is a reflection of you are as a parent. You're doing a great job raising your kids!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, that's sweet :)