But another one of my 2008 goals is to lose 25 pounds by August 1. As of today, I have lost 8 pounds I wanted to share some of the things that helped me lose the weight so far.
- First of all, I did not follow a diet plan. I merely cut back on my portions. I used one of the smaller kids-sized plates to help me take less food. What I found was that I would be done eating and everyone else was still eating and I was having a hard time not taking more and more, so I would excuse myself from the table (I know, we lost some family time...but it just had to be done!). I would do laundry or start cleaning up. I explained to the family why I was leaving and they all understand (as much as their skinny little bodies can!)
- I am also watching my calorie intake. I am not a nazi about it, but just try to be careful whenever and where ever I can.
- Cut back on soda. I was having at least one, sometimes 2 or 3 pops a day. I now have one a day and sometimes not even one.
- Increased my water intake. I am trying hard to do the eight 8 oz glasses of water per day. Sometimes I make it to 8 and sometimes I don't.
- Following the weight watchers idea of "eat what you want" and so I don't deny myself..... BUT when I want the cake I stop and think about the calories and say to myself "is it really worth the calories? You will need to give up something somewhere else today" Again, WW points, if you eat certain things then you dwindle away at your points and pretty soon you have no points left to eat dinner... that sort of thing. So I just think about that type of stuff. Is the cake worth giving up dinner? If I want a cookie, then I eat one.... not 3 or 4, just one. Which is hard, but is definitely do-able!
- I have 3 small children and a house to run, when can I find time for exercise? Never! Just kidding., but it isn't easy most of the time. Our house is small and there is no room for exercise equipment in the house. So I have some videos that are good. I also have been trying to get out and walk (when it isn't freezing cold and snowing). I take the boys with me, they bike and I walk fast. I have a pedometer and try to walk 1 mile in 20 minutes so that I get my heart rate up and burn calories.
So those are my current strategies. I am not losing fast, but that's ok at this point. Come June I may get a little more desperate, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it!





5 comments:
Congrats on your 8 lbs! WooHoo!
I read an article once that touted being aware of burning calories was just as effective in losing weight as being aware of your caloric intake. It suggested that by being aware that everything you do burns calories, you are more likely to do the things that burn the most calories.
These are great tips and congrats on loosing EIGHT pounds! That's wonderful!
Yeah you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job on losing the weight. I know what you mean about a small house and now room , I'm right there with you. Keep it up.
I love the idea of using a kid's plate for portion control.I am going to try that. Thanks.
8 lbs., Great job!!!
I love the idea of using a kid's plate for portion control.I am going to try that. Thanks.
8 lbs., Great job!!!
Post a Comment