Of course I let them buy one and we even replenished our pencil supply. They both have written it the journal a little bit here and there.
I wanted some ways to encourage the journaling and so I turned to Google...I found a few ideas but nothing earth shattering. Then I realized..... I have the answers already. I use a journal, so I decided to think about what I do in my own journal.
I use my journal in several ways:
- I use it to write down prayers/concerns I have for people in my life
- On occasion I will hear a new word so I write it in my journal and then look up what it means
- I write about our day
- I write about fun, cute or even concerning things my kids do
- I write about a movie we watched
- I write about my feelings or how a certain thing made me feel that day
- I write silly poems
I wrote these out and realized ANY one ANY age could use that list for journal ideas.
I am going to type this up (editing #4) and maybe add to it and then print it off to hang on the refrigerator or somewhere so when we have some quiet time, they can journal!





3 comments:
I used to be such a constant journaler. Truthfully I haven't journal-led in over a year. I should make it a goal to get back to it.
I just found out yesterday that Ciara has a journal. She looked at me like I was nuts when I asked her what it was (wanted to see what her take on it is!). Me? Not so much...lucky if I get some stuff posted on my blog, let alone trying to write in a journal for crying out loud! But Ciara is great...she loves to write!
Those are all great ideas I need to copy them and put them on my refridgerator too for my kids. They are always asking what should I write about.
Post a Comment