When you have kids it totally changes the events of Valentine's Day - at least in my house! Especially when it falls during the week. Mr. Man and I have gone out for dinner over the weekend to celebrate in past years, but our lives are too crazy this year so we won't be doing that.
I wanted the day to be special for everyone. I saw this idea at Heavenly Homemakers that I thought would be fun. What I am going to do is print up the menu and have Mr. Man and the kids select the items they would like served with their 1st, 2nd and 3rd courses. (I am going to do one menu for the whole family. They can work together to decide what to have with each course.)Then I will serve the menu, just as they select. Obviously, they won't be able to do much with the first course, so I will give them time to review the selections they made and then bring them out the second course. Give them a few more minutes and serve the third course. After a few giggles (I hope...) then I will let them at the kitchen to have the full meal! I think it will be alot of fun!
I am going to make these utensil holders that I saw over on Ramblings of a Crazy Woman. Because the mystery dinner menu includes napkin and fork as a selection, I am not going to present the utensil holders until after I serve everything!
I am going to make some place cards with each person's name on them too.
We don't give the kids presents on Valentine's Day, but we do decorate and buy fun candy, etc. I want this day to be special for the family and then after the kids are in bed I will give Mr. Man a card and a new CD that I plan to buy today!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
It sounds like it is going to be a great Valentine's Day.
Thanks for the linky love.
Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment