We had a great Thanksgiving. The kids actually slept in a little on Thursday so that was a definite plus. Then I made "monkey bread" for breakfast with eggs and bacon too. Mr. Man made his "famous" homemade salsa for us all to snack on all day. We had dinner at 5:00 pm so we just snacked and watched football. My SIL had all 3 of her kids, plus their spouses and their kids, PLUS one of the daughter-in-laws parents and grandmother. It ended up being a total of 22 of us there - ranging in ages from 81 down to 8 months (actually if you want to be technical, one of the girls is pregnant! so we had one younger than 8 months there too!!). Every year my SIL cans fresh corn so we had some of that, plus Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, frog eye salad, broccoli & cauliflower salad, jello salad, and for dessert pumpkin pie! It was to die for food! I was so full when we left there!
Friday morning Mr. Man got up and went to the Door Buster Sale at Wal-Mart to get some Christmas presents. Then we decorated the house and did a royal cleaning on the place! It looks so good! It feels good too!
Friday, Lady Bug also decided she was ready to start potty training! woot! She woke up dry Friday morning so I put her on the toilet and she did not go but asked to wear her "unnerwears". A few minutes later I noticed her squatting to poo and I said "Let's go to the potty" and she fussed a little, but went in there with me anyway. I put her on the toilet and she pooped!! So, of course, the whole family hoo-rahed and carried on as encouragement to her! We have been putting a diaper on her at nap and bedtime and she has kept it dry! I had to go buy more underwear for her because I figured the 3 pairs would not be enough to get us through potty training, let alone enough for when she finally does master it! She picked out Tinker Bell and My Little Pony packs. We ran some errands on Saturday with her in underwear...no accident. I took her to church in underwear too...no accidents!! I am so excited and yet a little sad that my baby is growing up!! My last one is almost potty trained. (I can't imagine how teary-eyed I will be on the first day of school for her!)
ALSO.... I spent 30 days leading up to Thanksgiving sending/emailing notes to those in my life who have been a blessing to me and/or my family. Every day I wrote a note to someone different, so 30 people in my life received notes. I think the ones that were most meaningful to me was the one I gave the pastor's wife for all her hard work with the children's ministry and the one I sent to one of my SIL's. I did not realize that my SIL was going through a very, extremely tough couple weeks when she received my card. She emailed me after she received my card and told me how much she needed my card that day and what she had been going through the past couple weeks! It was very special and very meaningful to us both! Go here to read comments about what others did for the 30 Days of Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
That is an absolutely fantastic idea! I should really do it too. Did you have a hard time thinking of thirty people?
Post a Comment