The boys started making some Christmas gifts. My family enjoys homemade items and especially homemade from my kids, which probably has a lot to do with not being able to see my kids as often as they'd like to so a homemade gift will help them think of the kids every time they see the gift. Anyhoo, we started making bookmarks where we took ribbon, tied a knot in one end, strung 5-6 beads and then about an inch from the other end tied another knot. My family is full of readers so this will be fun. They also helped me
make some hair barretts for the little girls in our family (including their little sister... she was napping when we started these).
make some hair barretts for the little girls in our family (including their little sister... she was napping when we started these). Our favorite gift so far, is one for my mom, an artist in her spare time. It isn't totally complete yet so I will take a picture when it is all done, but basically we are decorating a tote bag. I found some small travel size art supplies, including a water color paint brush that holds water in the handle and a small stackable water color pallette.
I have plans to make more items and will post as I can.





1 comment:
That sounds like fun! I look forward to Tree Faerie helping me make the gifts. So far, the way she's tried to help is by unravelling a skein of yarn (but Mommy, don't you need it all undone to crochet with?), unpacking boxes I just packed, and tearing paper. It's been fun, though. :)
Post a Comment