Tuesday, October 2, 2007

You are my sunshine....

Mr. Man and Lady Bug have a bedtime ritual which consists of her brushing her teeth and then she runs through the house telling me and her brothers good night. Then her daddy scoops her up and they go to her bedroom. She turns her lights out and crawls into bed, where her daddy is waiting for her. Then they sing "You Are My Sunshine" together. It is the most precious sounds I have ever heard, to listen to them singing together!
Well, the other night Mr. Man had a meeting so I was putting her to bed. We followed the ritual and then I asked her if we should sing together. She said, "yeeesssss". So I asked her what she wanted to sing and she said "ummm, Jesus wuvs me" and I said "You don't want to sing You Are My Sunshine?" and she said "No! daddy does it." So I respected that and we sang Jesus Loves Me. Then as I started to leave her room, she said "daddy sing me when he's home?" I said "Yes, honey I will have daddy come sing with you when he gets home" "otay" she said!
These are the moments I hope I never forget!!!

No comments: