This is a very simple and very yummy breakfast idea. I like to do this when we have guests because it looks so neat in the skillet when all done!
Ingredients:
1 package cubed hashbrown potatoes (I like to use the ones with bell pepper and onions in them)
6-8 eggs (depending on the skillet size and also the number of people eating...generally 1 egg person is plenty because the potatoes make it so filling)
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
Brown the potatoes according to the package directions. (I cover my skillet with a lid to help them cook). Then make little wells in the potatoes with the back of a spoon for your eggs to go in. Make them around the edge of the skillet and one in the center. Crack eggs and put into the wells - one egg per well. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover skillet with lid and cook 8-10 minutes until eggs are done. Sprinkle with cheese and cover skillet again for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted slightly. We serve this with salsa and biscuits.
Unfortunately, this is NOT LOW CAL!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
This recipe sounds delicious. I am going to give it a try.
Did you get to try my zucchini casserole recipe yet? It really is good -- just curious what you thought when you made it.
Post a Comment