Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday

I am totally uninspired today. I have some posts sort of swarming in my head, but none of them are complete and only one or two are even half way interesting. 

Blame it on Monday I guess.

It is a gorgeous day here today. Sunny, mostly clear skies, supposed to be about 75 degrees F today. Should be good! The sitter is at home with the kids today. When I left they were coloring together and she told me they were going to make their own pizzas for lunch - how fun is that?

Over the weekend we made some sidewalk paint. Ever heard of this stuff? It was great. It was inexpensive. It was tons of fun and cleaned up easily. The "recipe" I had said to take 1/4 c cornstarch, 1/4 cold water and 6-8 drops of food coloring. Me, being the lazy one that I am, I just dumped some cornstarch and water together and then added food coloring. I mixed each color into a plastic cup and each color had its own foam brush (I picked up a 6 pack at Hobby Lobby for $0.99). They kids played for 45 minutes until it was all gone. The driveway had a whole mural on it of a sky, the sun, the moon, some stars and then under all that was a house with some trees and flowers. (I failed to get a picture of it before they washed it off...) If you haven't tried this before you should try it. The colors were vibrant -- they go on wet like paint and then dry into these great colors! And you can't beat how inexpensive it was to make -- cheap entertainment! 

2 comments:

Misty said...

sounds fantastic! we are big fans of the sidewalk chalk around here... in fact, we may pull that out this afternoon! (thanks for the reminder!)

Beth Cotell said...

I am going to try this. We love sidewalk pain and it is so expensive. This sounds like a cheap alternative! Thanks!