
I had just gotten Lady Bug out of the tub and told her I needed to head downstairs to do some laundry. She jumped up and said "I wanna go wiff you!" As we are heading down the stairs, she is marching (literally) in front of me singing "We are going to a par - ty! Going to a par - ty! We're going to a par - ty! Yay!"
I thought to myself, "when you've been doing as much laundry as I have it is no party, let me tell ya!" But I thought she was so cute, I just let her sing. I couldn't bring myself to sing along with her, however!!!





2 comments:
and maybe it is a party. i have a friend who recently moved to africa and she has been regaling us with tales of the changes her life has had. One big one is laundry. her clothes are not washed with a stick, and bucket, in the yard. she says it's really hard and she hates it but what choice does she have? now, i HATE doing laundry. (it's true. I hate it) but this really made me think about all of the women who do this daily, for themselves and their families... Imagine those women, if they gathered at a washing machine instead of a bucket in the yard...
PARTY INDEED! :)
every day is a party for a kid!
Post a Comment