We dropped the kids, all three of them, off at my SIL's last night. She is keeping them all week. Her church is doing a VBS from 9:00-12:00 every day this week and then in the afternoons they are going to go fishing, boating, swimming, biking, etc. My SIL is the oldest in my husband's family and all of her kids are grown up and are starting families of their own. So the last two summers she has taken my kids and kept them for a week. The kids were so excited. It was like Christmas Eve or something... they couldn't sleep for days because they were so excited!
When we first got there, Lady Bug started to show some hesitation and she looked at her dad and said "I just wanna go home wiff you guys." But, my SIL started talking to her about all the things they were going to do and all the fun they would have and Lady Bug loosened up.
I talked to my SIL this morning and she said all went well. They watched a short movie before bed and then she said they got up early and were all ready for VBS this morning. Spirit got to go with his uncle in the church van to pick up kids for VBS and the littler two went with her. She said they all seemed to have a good time in their individual classes. Lefty got lucky and his teacher is one of his older cousins (she is an absolute sweetie!).
I was all sad this morning. I was enjoying the peace and quiet this morning - -no fighting, no screams of "mooooooommmmmmm. He touched me!" or anything like that. But at the same time I missed them already. boo hoo.
Mr. Man and I are going to have a date night one night this week, tonight I am going to a dear friend's house who just found out she can't have a baby and she is devastated, tomorrow night another friend of mine is going to come by for dinner and to see my house so it will be a fun week (but I still miss the kids!)
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Isn't that usually how it goes. The kids go away and you can't help but miss them, think about them, talk about them...
enjoy some time for yourselves this week - the kids will be back in no time!
Post a Comment