Wednesday, March 19, 2008

WFMW - Keeping straws in the diaper bag


When the kids were old enough to use a sippy cup and could also figure out how to use a straw, but aren't quite good enough to drink out of a regular cup yet, I started carrying around straws in the diaper bag. I would grab an extra one or two each visit to a fast food place and just stick them in the diaper bag. This way when we went somewhere and I didn't have a sippy cup with me and little one needed a drink, then I could take a regular cup (Usually my cup) and place a straw in it. Viola, less spills, less messy clothing (both baby and me) and less stressed out mamma!

We don't have much need for the diaper bag any more, but now I just keep straws in the car.
For lots of great tips go to Rocks In My Dryer

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I also carry a pair of folding scissors to clip the straw when it's too long for Little Bit to use without spilling. I learned that from my dad who used a pocket knife. Just make sure to turn the cut end into the liquid.

Hugs,
Melinda

CC said...

great idea! I don't like sippy cups so my kids always used straw cups. But the spills and the messes of bringing a straw cup along...

Kisha said...

i love the straws. we bought a big bag of them to keep at home and have added them to the bag in the car that also has spoons, cups, and paper towels