Is there such a thing as elevator etiquette? If there isn't there should be,
I work in an office building that has 12 floors and a penthouse suite. Sometimes the wait for an elevator can be long (or longer than I would like.) There can be a crowd waiting for the elevator when the doors open too.
When I am waiting on the first floor to go up to my office on the 10th floor I always stand off to the side when the doors open, so I can be sure that if there are people on the elevator they have room to exit. Twice, today as I go to get off the elevator the person(s) waiting to get on have literally hit me as they shove their way on. Ummmmm, hello! I am trying to get off of here people. Can you wait until I get out of your way before you lunge in the elevator?
Doesn't that seem like common courtesy? Or am I just nuts? ** umm, don't answer that please!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
people are so self focussed anymore, aren't they?
This is a pet peeve of mine. People trying to get off the elevator should have the right of way before the others try to get on! It drives me crazy!
it's like walking on the left of the sidewalk. I am trying to teach my daughter that she needs to be patient and wait her turn. (oh and your not crazy)
Of course there is elevator etiquette, and you're following it perfectly. The problem is that there are always people who completely disregard etiquette - like those people who rip huge stinky farts in the grocery store and don't even excuse themselves (happened yesterday in the grocery store).
I've been known to mention common etiquette practices when someone is being overly pushy. I didn't in the store yesterday because I couldn't do it nicely.
Post a Comment