Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My chubby cheeks

My nephew turned four years old last weekend. So while I was out there visiting, I asked him how he liked being four.

"I'm not four yet."

Me: "Really? I thought you had a birthday last week?"

"But I am not four yet."

Me totally confused: "When will you be four?"

As he is holding his cheeks he says: "I am not four yet because I still have chubby cheeks."

Me: "But sometimes we have chubby cheeks for a long time. That doesn't have anything to do with you being four or not being four."

So he marched his little self into my sister and asked her about it... she agreed with me and tried telling him that even though he still had chubby cheeks he was indeed four years old.

He was not convinced until Sunday night just before dinner he came out of the bathroom and said: "Look, mom. My chubby cheeks are gone!"

2 comments:

Misty said...

All gone! Just like that!!! too cute!

Steph said...

The things kids think of...this is too cute!