
Lady Bug (3 years old) does not think she should have to wear a bib anymore because her big brothers don't. Most of the time this is not a big issue, but when we are eating spaghetti or anything else that might stain her clothes I get a little more picky.
Here is a tip that has helped keep the tears at bay at messy meal times:
I take an old tee-shirt of the boys that they have outgrown and then I put it over Lady Bug's clothes as protection from the messy food. I actually keep 2 or 3 in a drawer near the table (where I used to store bibs... actually there are still some in there but they go untouched thanks to her being so picky about this issue!)
This solves two issues really, she is being protected from the messy food items, and she thinks it is cool that she gets to wear her brothers clothes.
This is what works for me. For more ideas head over to Rocks In My Dryer.





6 comments:
That is a great idea.
I like that you are reusing something in a creative way. I think that my 2 yo and 3yo might go for this.
Great idea!
I'll remember it for my grandchildren.
You can find my tip at:
Laane on the World
Have a great day!!!
I love how just changing the "name" makes it OK all of a sudden - the T-shirt isn't a bib, but your brothers shirt -- Oh, OK! LOL Great tip!
Have A Great Day!
Kristin
Great tip!
:)
I have to do this is summer with painting outside.
Great idea, Kids are so funny aren't they.
robin@heartofwisdom
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/
Post a Comment