Thursday, March 6, 2008

My poor little Lefty....

Have you ever had one of those days similar to Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Well, poor Lefty had one of those days yesterday.

First, he was sleeping so soundly that I had to wake him up to get ready for school. Then he spilled his cereal all over himself. Then, while trying to "help" me clean it up, he whacked his elbow on the table, which produced lots of tears. Then this mean ol' mom of his did not like the second outfit he picked out for himself, so I made him change.


So, finally he makes it to school and he forgot to get his lunch card from his teacher (my question--which I only thought and did not voice -- was "how in the world do you forget to get yours as she is handing them out?"), but fortunately the lunch lady gave him lunch anyway.


Then, they head to the auditorium for a "Recognition Assembly" (they had a spelling challenge a few weeks ago and he got 100%) and the poor kid got stuck up on the stage with all these kids and he couldn't get down.... he accidentally pee'd his pants--- which was bad enough BUT then the office put girls pants and underwear on him! He was horrifed! He cried as soon as Mr. Man picked him up! I'm sure they were thinking that school was almost over and it wasn't that big of a deal.... but they should have called us and we would have come sooner!


I washed up the clothes last night and put them in a bag to send back to the "Clothes Closet" at school and I added some boys underwear and some sweat pants. Maybe if that happens to someone else they won't have to wear girls clothes. I felt soooooooo bad for him!

1 comment:

Misty said...

poor little guy! What a mess!!!!