
It is a sad day when your 7 year old says "what's for dinner mom?" and you respond with the elaborate new meal idea you found in bloggy land and he says "can't we just have mac-n-cheese?" ...
I usually fix mac-n-cheese and beanie-weenies on the weekends for lunches, but I have had so many new and exciting recipes to try that I haven't even made these lately.
I guess my new recipes are too rich for my son's blood and he would rather just have some good ol' mac-n-cheese! Some good ol' comfort food! Actually, that isn't true either I found this recipe for Flavorful Pot Roast over at Ramblings of A Crazy Woman that Spirit told me to "add to the 'Make Again' list" (which I don't really have a "Make-Again" list, I guess maybe I need to start one!)
I just thought it was hilarious that I was planning such an elborate meal and all he wanted was some good ol'fashioned mac-n-cheese!!





3 comments:
I can relate. I have been average 4-5 new recipes a week and last night (after another new recipe) my hubby and daughter both asked for some "old food"... lol...
but they started a make again list for me...
My husband does the same thing. :)
My kids would choose mac n cheese over anything I am fixing for dinner. Hopefully it is just a kid thing and not a testament to my cooking!
Post a Comment