Green Chile Frittata
INGREDIENTS:
5 eggs
1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1 (7 oz) can diced green chiles (I used a little over half the can because I was afraid any more than that would make it too hot for my kiddos!)
1 (8 oz) container cottage cheese
1 c shredded colby-jack cheese
2 Tbls melted butter
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in green chiles, cottage cheese, colby-jack cheese and melted butter. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
Bake 15 minutes then reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue baking for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cool slightly. Cut into squares. Serve topped with sour cream and salsa if desired. mmmm, mmmmm, good!





6 comments:
Green chilis and cheese...now those are my kind of eggs!
Wow, it looks even better than I imagined it would. I can't wait to try it!
Have a great weekend. I hope the mountains are fun and navigable!
Looks like a good receipe. I will try it this week. Hope you get to go on your girls weekend. Anne says it is snowing and expects to get deep.
Ggranny B
yes! i grew up on something very similar. YUM!!!
yum! that looks delicious! my pregnancy cravings have been leaning towards breakfast foods lately :)
be sure to swing by and enter the GIVEAWAY this weekend! It is SUPER cute and we are having 2 winners!
Mmmmmmm.....
I LOVE any kind of Frittata! Smoked Salmon & Asparagus is my favorite!
Post a Comment