Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pictures of the big event!

Here are some pictures from Lefty's award ceremony last night! I of course cried when he got down to the platform to receive his award and shake the mayor's hand (well, ok. it was just the mayor's delegate, but still!!) --of which I do not have a picture of....ugh! Fortunately, they had a professional photographer there so hopefully in a few weeks I will have the professional one!

Here he is sitting in the chair, waiting for the event to start. He had to sit with his Principal and we sat on the other side of the auditorium (which made him a little nervous at first!)



Here is several of our friends who came to see him get his award!


Here is the entire family after the awards ceremony.




And here he is with his dad sitting outside on a bench (Someone else was actually taking their picture, I just snuck one in too!)





I also decided to throw in some birthday pictures. Lefty turned the big SEVEN this week! He is so excited to be 7. I'm not sure what is so magical about 7, but he is just thrilled to pieces!








8 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a great thing the mayor's office is doing by recognizing these kids! Congrats to the proud Mama and Daddy - and Lefty, too!
And the suit, the suit is just precious!

Lianne said...

Congrats and happy birthday, Lefty!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Happy Birthday, and Great job on the honor at the Mayor's office-so great!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and I know that feeling with the tears you can't hold back.
So proud of him. Hope he had agreat birthday.
Granny B

sassy stephanie said...

What an honor! And happy bday!

Misty said...

love the pictures! and it really sounds fabulous!

Misty said...

love the pictures! and it really sounds fabulous! Congrats, Lefty! (and mom and dad!)

United Studies said...

How exciting!