I started to write this "poor me, pity party" post about how I drew the short straw yesterday and then realized my day wasn't all bad.... let me explain:
THE BAD: It all started Saturday night, I wasn't feeling very well. Not terrible, just kinda blah. {It is period-related cramps, headache and just over all yuck feeling!} Woke up Sunday morning feeling worse. Mr. Man headed off to work at 8:00 am and I managed to get the kiddos breakfast. I felt so yucky I decided I was not going to church.
THE GOOD: Lefty took very good care of me. He brought me water. He brought me snacks and then he asked me if I wanted some Pepto. {this one made me giggle inside!} He even set up Lady Bug a movie to watch and got her a snack too. After a little while Lady Bug made me soup in her kitchen (it was pretend chicken noodle soup with cheese on top)
THE BAD: Since it had snowed all weekend the kids had not really been outside much so by 3:00 pm Sunday they had some serious ants in their pants and they were driving me nutso and what happens? I get a call from Mr. Man that he is going to have to work late -- until 5:30 or so! Are you kidding me!?!?!? Nope, indeed he was not! I decided to play a game with the kids. They fought almost the whole game, but I didn't let that get to me because I just kept telling myself "I will be relieved soon. I will be relieved soon" THEN, 5:20 comes along and I get another call from Mr. Man -- the van won't start. So, I pull my unshowered self off the couch, throw my hair in a pony tail and out the door we all go. I was driving my husband's Jeep which has an antifreeze leak.... so here it is snowing and we are apparently out of antifreeze in the car and are freezing cold. Good times, ya'll!!
THE GOOD: Pick up Mr. Man and he tells me he thinks the van is just out of gas (he is notorious for running vehicles out of gas) so we go to the gas station and take him back to the van...sure enough it starts right up! AND, my husband loves me so much that he stood in the snow (and in his business suit) to fill the Jeep with antifreeze so the ride home was so cozy - in fact Lady Bug told me she was hot! AND after dinner my husband cleaned up all the dishes so that I could take a hot bath! *awwww*
So as I started to write how terrible my Sunday was and then I realized I have a great family who loves me more than I give them credit for sometimes!
Thank you family!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Sounds like it ended as well as it could!
You know-that is a perfect day when you think about it...you are loved.
This is a nice post. You are so very loved.
Way to look at is at "glass 1/2 full"! Kudos!
I would have totally been crabby patty, writing the poor me post! LOL
Good thing you can see the silver lining. My hormones sometimes don't let that happen! (Like now...)
Here's to a much better week!
beautiful! good for you to see the balance!
At any rate, I hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment