Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend

We had a really nice weekend. The weather wasn't the greatest, but we had great family times together!



Saturday after breakfast, we headed over to a friend's church (she is the children's ministry leader there) for an egg dying party, then an egg hunt. That was a lot of fun for the kids. the weather wasn't bad, but it was muggy. Spirit, who is full of 8-year old attitude these days, was much too grown up to participate in such childish things..... until he realized how fun it looked! Then he got really into it!




Sunday I got up and made green chile frittata which was fab-u-lous! {I will post the recipes --- WITH pictures ;-) this Friday!}, fresh strawberries and orange juice.

After church, we rushed home to get ready for my in-laws to come over. It was a rainy-dreary day, but we had a really nice time anyway. The meal turned out really good and my husband decorated the table all fancy for us (I forgot to take pictures of it- ugh!)

The rest of the afternoon was just laying around doing a whole lot of nothing. The kids played games and watched a movie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A LITTLE UPDATE AND A FUNNY STORY ABOUT THE DOG:

UPDATE:
I took all your advice and decided to just be firm with the dog every time she goes near the front door. We only started this Friday and already she is much better. As soon as someone goes near the door I just tell her to sit and stay --- much to my surprise she DOES in fact sit and stay. She didn't get out once over the weekend and Friday was a nice day where the kids were in and out a lot! Progress? I sure think so!

FUNNY STORY:
The dog got two baths yesterday because she kept going in the mud (with all the rain there wasn't much choice if she wanted to potty outside and not in my house!) but then this morning after I let her out to potty she was scared to come in because she was afraid I was gonna haul her off to the tub again! Poor dog!! I had to coax her back in with treats! LOL!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Just stopping by from SITS to say hello!

sassy stephanie said...

Looks like the kids could care less about the weather!

Glad to hear the doggie situation is working out!

Aubrey said...

What a great weekend! Sounds like a lot of fun...minus having to give the dog 2 baths! LOL
I'm excited to see pix of the frittata this Friday! Whoo-hoo!

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds like a great weekend. And I love green chilies so I'm looking forward to the fritata recipe on Friday!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Sounds like a wonderful and yummy breakfast!
sandy toe