Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday recipe - burritos

Due to my foot injury I haven't cooked a meal in over a week. Therefore, once again, this post goes without pictures!

We love burritos and tacos in my house. We eat some form of these probably once a week. Here is my recipe for ground beef burritos. I have been making them this way since I can remember. Going back to when I was single, living alone. This past week, Mr. Man had to make these and the kids weren't going to let him off the hook of making the meat. He tried and tried to get them to just do a bean and cheese burrito, but nope. They weren't going for it! I told him how to do it. It tasted pretty good. He drained off all the liquid though, which I don't do, but the meat was still very tasty!

Burrito Meat
INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground beef
1 clove minced garlic
onion powder, seasoning salt, black pepper to taste
1 can RoTel tomatoes (do not drain)
canned Refried or black beans
tortillas
Toppings such as, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese

In a large skillet, brown ground beef. While meat is cooking season with onion powder, seasoning salt and pepper. When meat is browned, drain off grease. Stir in minced garlic to meat. Add RoTel tomatoes and simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.

Add beans and meat and any optional toppings you wish. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I could eat these everyday of my life I think....Happy SITS day..

Tiffany said...

Can I just say YUM!

We eat some form of tacos a lot around here, too. It's one of my son's faves! I usually do tostadas (corn tortillas fried to make flat hard tacos - yum again)
and then we pile 'em high with all those yummy toppings

Um - and i don't drain the taco liquid from the meat either. I prefer it run down my elbows while I'm eating!

Carrie said...

Mmmmmmmm....

That sounds DEEEElicious!!

Shauna said...

Hope you are having a super weekend! ♥ HUGS ♥

United Studies said...

Oh man, this reminds me that it has been a while since we've had tacos...yumm....