Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ya'll....I have an ant problem


My ant problem is not, however, a problem of having an abundance of ants in the house. It is a case of a dear 4 yo girl who loves "the baby ants" and collects them. She then places them in plastic Easter eggs of which they crawl out of. She loves to let them crawl on her -- she has 20 ant bites to prove it. She even makes little toys and blankets for the baby ants.

#1: I am shocked that my girly girl loves the bugs -- show her a spider and she will run screaming faster than you can blink!

#2: I would really rather not encourage the ants inside my house -- more importantly inside my kitchen where she tends to "lose" them.

Who said boys were bad?? Sheesh! I have a girl about to drive her momma crazy!

8 comments:

Lianne said...

Yikes! It might be time to buy an ant farm for your little princess!

sassy stephanie said...

That's wild! I agree...an ant farm may do it. Or let her raise ladybugs. You can even order them by mail.

I can't believe she keeps playing with them after the bites!

La Pixie said...

maybe she can make a lil house for them to live OUTSIDE?

Im terrified of creepy crawlies now, but as a kid I played with ants and stuff, too.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That's my kind of girl! How funny!

Hoosier Homemade said...

That's funny! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
~Liz

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I just bought a cute Fisher Price bug catcher kit thing from Target-complete with a little observation jar! Sounds like she is having fun!!

Beth Cotell said...

Ants?! Ant bites?? That's one brave little girl. My daughter is petrified of ants...especially after we read the kids a newspaper article about fireants. Now every time they see one little lone ant outside they run screaming for me and they are yelling "FIREANT!"

The Fab Miss B said...

That's quite sweet! (But I second the ant farm idea!)