Monday, December 17, 2007

Our busy weekend!

So the busyness started Friday evening and didn't end until Sunday night! We were on the go-go-go!! Friday evening we took Lefty to Boulder to stay with a close friend of ours (she can't have kids of her own so she "adopts" ours every now and again. She is very good to them!). They were planning to go to a museum and she was also taking him to shop for Spirit and Lady Bug. When we got back from dropping him off, Spirit and I went took off to go shopping! Spirit had $20.00 saved to go shopping with and he did a good of picking out gifts. Then we went home and wrapped presents.

Saturday morning Spirit had practice at 9:30 so I dropped him off and then Mr. Man and Lady Bug and I delivered presents for The Angel Tree. We bought for one child and agreed to deliver for 5 families. Then race back to pick up Spirit to go with us to deliver the last couple of families gifts. We stopped at our favorite pizza place for a quick lunch. Mr. Man had to work for a few hours so he dropped us off back at the house and Lady Bug took a nap (well, she was supposed to, but I think all she did was play in there) while Spirit worked on the gifts he made his class (Gum pack race cars) and I baked and baked and baked! Then it was off to meet the realtor at a house. We have looked at this house before and are considering making an offer. After looking at that house, we met Mr. Man's sister and her husband at Famous Dave's for dinner (they have the ultimate BBQ!!!) By the time we got back home it was 9:00 pm. So we hurried the kids into their PJ's and brushed teeth and off to bed.

Sunday morning we had to go pick up Lefty and then back to our side of town for church (the kids performed a Christmas play -- it was very cute!). I had to stop at the store after church to pick up some stuff to make lunch! We had nacho casserole. Lady Bug went down for a nap so the boys finished up the race cars for their classmates. When Lady Bug got up we headed over to a friend of ours to give them some presents (baked goodies for her and a collector car for him). Then it was back home to eat left overs and wrap presents and bathe the kids.

Whew! I am so glad this whirlwind of a weekend is over. We had a good time though!

1 comment:

"J" said...

I want to come over to your house and EAT EAT EAT...all your food sounds soooooooooooooooooo YUMMY!!!!! Thanks for posting how to make it...
I bought a cookie sheet yesterday...I'm going to make the soda crackers one night this week!!! =)