Friday, December 21, 2007

Artichoke Dip Chicken

**You may have noticed that very few of my recipes are low fat -- I do have some low fat recipes but I have yet to post them here.... maybe someday, but all these recipes are quite tasty!**

This chicken tastes a lot like Artichoke dip and it is to die for! It also is a great dish to serve to guests because it is an elegant-looking dish. It doesn't take a lot of time to prepare either. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare it and then the 30 or so minutes to cook! My kids love this chicken recipe!

INGREDIENTS:
1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped **The recipe I use calls for a 15 oz can.. I can never fnd one so I improvise by using a jar or whatever and getting it as close to 15 oz as I possibly can. Sometimes there is a little more and sometimes a little less, just depends on what I can find**
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 pinch garlic salt
dash of pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix together the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic salt, dash of pepper. Place chicken in a greased baking dish, and cover evenly with artichoke mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
This is best served with warm french bread, but a regular ol' slice of bread with butter (there I go with the low fat idea again!) is tasty too!

1 comment:

Scribbit said...

Oh anything with artichokes has my undying love.

I have a bottle in my fridge as we speak. Or type. Or whatever.