Friday, December 14, 2007

Nacho Casserole

Nacho Casserole is a quick and yummy dinner. I make this often in my house!

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can enchilada sauce
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can milk **(take one soup can and fill it with milk)
1 small can mild green chiles
3/4 c grated cheese
2 bags of nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips

Brown meat and onion. Add enchilada sauce. In a large saucepan put soup, milk and green chiles. Heat thoroughly. Grease a large casserole dish. Line dish with crushed tortilla chips. Layer meat, soup and cheese. Bake at 350F for 1/2 hour.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh! I'm printing this! This is a slight variation of one I used to make. I like the idea of adding enchilada sauce! Thank you so much for sharing!

(I'm addicted to exclamation points again today... just bear with me.)

Unknown said...

YUM! I copied this to my recipe file and can't wait to try it. And what's best is it looks easy. Thanks!

Steph said...

Yum, this is going on my dinner list!

Julie said...

couple of questions...excuse my stupidity I don't cook much - you mean evaporated milk yes? what size can? and by 2 bags do you mean two big bags of doritios? or two of the smaller "single" serving bags? told you I was stupid! : ) but I really want to try it out - i need quick and easy recipes.

Annikke said...

Not stupid at all!! The "1 can of milk" is confusing, actually you take one of the cream of mushroom cans and fill it with milk. Also the Doritos are 2 of the bigger bags of Doritos. Sorry that wasn't very clear!! Hope you enjoy it! It is one of our favorites!