
**As always my camera isn't working very well (yes, I am hoping I get a new one for Christmas) so this picture is not very good! :o( **
2 years ago a friend of mine called me and asked me to drive her to the hospital because the paramedics called her to tell her that her dad had taken a fall and her mother needed her to be with her. So I drove her 30 minutes to the hospital. When we walked in the ER information desk directed her to security. The security guard led us down several halls, twisting us this way and that, ending us at a room labeled "Family Waiting Room". My heart sank. We walked in and there was all the family, mom, sister, brother-in-law and niece. Then they sent in a Chaplin who broke the news to the family that dad had had a heart attack and they could not revive him. I went with my friend to see him (which was really hard on me, I do not like seeing dead people.) I don't really remember too much about the rest of the night, other than it was a long night.
Ever since then I have been sending cards periodically to her mom, who is in a nursing home now for health reasons. Her mom, Mary, has appreciated the cards/thoughts/prayers so much that she had her daughter (my friend's sister) get me this little precious moments nativity scene music box. Years ago Mary bought one for all the girls in the family including herself and now I am honored to have been given one too!





1 comment:
I have chills! What a 'precious' story! You're such an awesome friend!
Post a Comment